New Collaboration Covers Twitter Markets Globally; Spans NBCUniversal Sky Footprint Worldwide
Partnership Integrates Premium Content into Trending Conversations Around the World,
from Real-Time Sports Highlights to Red Carpet Livestreams and More
Agreement Expands Social Inventory Worldwide for Marketers
through Twitter and NBCUniversal’s One Platform Business Offering
REMOTE WORKSPACES ACROSS THE GLOBE — January 25, 2021 — NBCUniversal and Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) today announced a new global partnership. The multi-year agreement brings NBCUniversal’s premium digital content to Twitter, allowing marketers to meet global, national, and local audiences where they are; shape key cultural conversations as they unfold in real-time; and build innovative ad experiences around trending content—from sponsored sports highlights, to red carpet livestreams, to watch parties and fan voting.
To bolster the two companies’ longstanding advertising and content partnership, this new collaboration covers Twitter markets globally, which spans the NBCUniversal Sky footprint worldwide. For audiences around the world, this partnership with Twitter means they can catch all of the iconic events shaping culture—and come together to discuss them in real-time—on one comprehensive social platform.
Content includes events such as:
- Across the globe, NBCUniversal will offer immersive, first-of-their-kind Golden Globes highlights on Twitter, amplifying coverage from NBCUniversal properties to coincide with the NBC broadcast of the event on February 28, 2021. Content to be developed and distributed on Twitter via @nbc, @enews, and @latinxnow handles.
- Beyond the Golden Globes, NBCUniversal and Twitter will give viewers an exclusive and diverse fan experience for more than 30+ upcoming live events—from Telemundo’s Latin American Music Awards, news on Noticias Telemundo-and the E! People’s Choice Awards, to the iconic Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, to must-see sports action on NBC Sports, Telemundo Deportes, Sky Sports, and GOLF Channel. Content to be developed and distributed on Twitter via @nbc, @enews, @telemundo, @noticiastelemundo, @nbcsports, @golfchannel, @telemundosports, @onherturf, @nbcolympics, @SkySports, @SkySportsPL and more.
- This February, to celebrate Black History Month, NBCUniversal will turn to Twitter to amplify interviews on racial justice and equity with Black business owners, designers, artists, CEOs, and more.
- And NBCUniversal will continue to offer must-see, compelling Bravo content on Twitter including the Andy Cohen-led Watch What Happens Live After Show. Content to be developed and distributed on Twitter via @BravoWWHL.
“With this strategic partnership, NBCUniversal’s leading video content meets Twitter’s worldwide reach, empowering marketers to connect with global audiences, while bringing consumers curated premium content on an engaging platform. The growth in digital viewing has been nothing short of explosive in recent years and together with Twitter, we’re helping our partners engage audiences in a brand-safe way—and shape key conversations as they unfold.”
– Krishan Bhatia, President & Chief Business Officer, NBCUniversal
Additionally, as part of the expanded agreement, Twitter will provide broader sales support for NBCUniversal’s advertising partners, which empowers global, national, and local marketers with even more ways to match premium content with engaged audiences.
“It’s the perfect time to expand on our long-standing partnership with NBCUniversal to bring more of their premium content to people on Twitter. From the biggest moments in entertainment, to can’t-miss sports action from around the world, to news events at the speed of Twitter, our collaboration will empower marketers to connect their brands to the conversation of our engaged audiences.”
– Jennifer Prince, Global VP and Head of Content Partnerships, Twitter
“We’re proud that our partnership with Twitter has grown to this global scale. As people increasingly turn to digital platforms like Twitter, we continue to expand the ways viewers can find NBCUniversal’s timely, quality content across entertainment, sports and news in English and Spanish.”
– Maggie McLean Suniewick, President, Business Development and Partnerships, Direct-to-Consumer, NBCUniversal
Since kicking off the partnership in 2013, NBCUniversal and Twitter have enjoyed significant growth and engagement. Total campaign growth has exceeded a 10x trajectory and in 2020, global video views for all NBCUniversal Twitter handles have grown 26% on average, alongside a 25% increase in campaigns year over year. And in late 2020, NBC Olympics and Twitter extended their innovative content partnership, working together to amplify NBC Olympics’ vast coverage of both Tokyo and Beijing.
Together, the companies are harnessing this growth, combining Twitter’s advanced targeting capabilities, mobile advertising formats, and expansive operational campaign support with NBCUniversal’s premium content to drive trending conversations and interactive advertising experiences around the world. The expansive deal is intended to build upon NBCUniversal’s global One Platform business offering, which reaches 160+ countries around the world. It also arrives on the heels of NBC Spot On’s digital inventory expansion for local marketers.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
ABOUT TWITTER, INC.:
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. To learn more, visit about.twitter.com and follow @Twitter. Let’s talk.