Connecting with audiences at scale…
We’re developing NBCUniversal One Platform™ to mirror the diverse ways audiences consume our content. And we’re evolving our transaction model to mirror this, too, so you can home in on the audiences that matter most for your business objectives.
NBCUniversal One Platform™ provides our partners with multiple new ways to target consumers at scale. This extended audience-based approach opens the door for marketers to choose the best solutions for their business, offering guarantees across all audiences, including: advanced target audiences, demo target audiences, broad reach audiences, and sponsorships & live events.
Advanced Target Audiences
Specific consumer segments optimized across NBCUniversal One Platform™
Marketers looking to reach custom audience segments will continue to have access to advanced targeting powered by AdSmart, connecting brands with the right consumers on every screen to drive business impact.
Demo Target Audiences
Nielsen age/gender demos optimized across NBCUniversal One Platform™
Marketers looking to transact on Nielsen age and gender demographics will now be able to access those audiences across the full NBCUniversal video platform in a single campaign powered by AdSmart.
Broad Reach Audiences
P18+ guarantee with the ability to buy specific networks/dayparts
Marketers looking to take advantage of NBCUniversal’s unparalleled scale and reach will find a perfect solution in broad reach audiences, a new standard for network and daypart buys across NBCU’s premium video.
Sponsorship & Live Event
Traditional demo guarantee and unique integrations with the year’s biggest cultural moments
Marketers who want to become a part of the big moments that move audiences can use NBCUniversal’s full ecosystem to reach those audiences across all platforms, from the Red Carpet to the 2020 Presidential Election to Sunday Night Football.
As part of this new transaction model, we’re continuing to extend our reach through our digital partnerships with premium digital publishers such as Apple, YouTube and Snap, and we’re taking these partnerships further than ever before, with our new cross-publisher audience network. This exciting new offering powered by FreeWheel’s industry-leading ad tech will give advertisers the opportunity to buy against audiences at scale across the premium video landscape, with inventory aggregated from major TV and digital video publishers.
No matter what screen consumers are watching, reading, or posting on, we can reach them with your marketing message through brand-safe premium content. Additionally, together with Sky, we are launching the first-ever global premium video platform for advertisers, unlocking opportunities to reach audiences globally with a single premium video plan.
Investing in technology for the future…
Through a combination of proprietary development and best-in-class partnerships, NBCU is investing in technology that delivers flexibility, efficiency, and effectiveness to marketers and a better ad experience for consumers, focusing in three key areas: optimization, planning & delivery, and insights & measurement.
We’re expanding our AdSmart
suite of advanced advertising products, building on our proprietary audience graph, data-driven linear optimizer, and programmatic linear API.
- We’re introducing a first-to-market cross-platform optimizer for unduplicated audience reach across linear and digital. This unique data-driven solution enables us to recommend linear + digital media allocations to maximize reach across platforms.
- We’re opening up broader access to AdSmart Data Sync—our cloud-based data infrastructure that supports secure, efficient, and high-fidelity data matching against NBCU audiences—making it available to integrate with more agency and client platforms.
- We’re expanding our data-driven linear solution to include Nielsen demo target audiences, and we recently introduced a feature that enables us to optimize linear buys against incremental reach for advanced or demo target audiences.
- We’re also enhancing our AdSmart self-service linear solution in two key ways: we’re updating our programmatic linear API to include feeds customized for each advertiser category, and we’re introducing a new feature to ingest your plans directly from your DSP into our linear booking system.
- In addition to these exciting new capabilities, we’re testing the ability to adjust campaign optimizations while those campaigns are actively in flight. This in-flight optimization will enable us to re-express linear units in near real-time to follow audiences as they move across networks and programs.
Planning & Delivery
NBCUniversal is partnering with leading ad tech companies to simplify and streamline the planning and delivery process for marketers. In fact, we’re looking at opportunities to automate the entire digital pitch-to-pay workflow.
- Starting with the RFP process, we’re partnering with Mediaocean and Operative to roll out a digital EDI solution for agency partners.
- On the linear side, we’re also working on automating the entire TV copy system, and we’re partnering with Operative to unify planning processes to ensure efficiency across every investment.
- In partnership with FreeWheel, we’re unifying campaign scheduling and trafficking across linear and digital platforms concurrently, enabling more effective pacing and delivery at scale.
- We’ve also integrated our digital video ad delivery into the new FreeWheel Programmatic module, enabling all NBCU video buys—direct, private marketplace, and programmatic guaranteed—to be managed in a unified system, which in turn gives advertisers more access to our inventory and provides a better ad experience for viewers.
- We’re expanding CFlight cross-platform impressions measurement to include OTT co-viewing, out-of-home measurement (OOH), and short-form video.
- We’re developing in-flight campaign dashboards and enhanced post-campaign analytics to provide you with timely and consistent insights into how each impression across our platform drives impact for your business.