Award-Winning Producer Will Packer Reprises Role as Mentor and Host to New Rising Creators
- NBCUniversal and Target are teaming up for a second year in a row for the return of the Scene in Color Film Series.
- The second year of the Scene in Color Film Series premieres on Tuesday, May 24 with custom content launching across the company’s ad-supported streaming service, Peacock, as well as Rotten Tomatoes.
- Will Packer will reprise his role as host and mentor for the program, introducing audiences to this year’s rising talent: Tayo Amos, Jane Chow, and Josh Leong.
- All summer long, viewers will be able to access each creator’s diverse, engaging short films along with one-on-one interviews with Will Packer across NBCUniversal One Platform. And each creator will receive a blind script deal with the company.
- From Tayo Amos, audiences will have a front-row seat to a Black Jazz singer who makes a stand during the civil rights movement.
- From Jane Chow, viewers tuning in will follow a young Chinese-American teenager living through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- And from Josh Leong, the abandoned children crisis in Ethiopia will be in the spotlight, bringing that conversation to the forefront.
- During this year’s series, audiences will be transported into each rising talent’s selected work, creative process and personal experience through custom content produced by Creative Partnerships @ NBCU.
- Target is also tapping into Peacock’s successful, high-impact Spotlight Ad innovation that will highlight the series’ anthem spot for many viewers tuning-in to the platform.
“Target is thrilled to partner with NBCU for a second consecutive year, and support more amazing films with fresh perspectives that need to be seen and heard on the biggest stages. As we aim to create more equity and representation within storytelling and media, this partnership has afforded us the opportunity to blaze new trails for the next generation of diverse creators. Together, our future is a bright one.”
-Maurice Cooper, Target Senior Vice President of Marketing
“At NBCUniversal we are committed to telling the stories that entertain, inform and shape the world around us. Part of that commitment is ensuring we are reflecting our reality that spotlights unique, authentic and diverse voices and backgrounds. I am thrilled for us to be partnering again with Target on this second Scene in Color Film Series continuing to bring to life this mission across our One Platform for viewers everywhere.”
-Peter Blacker, Executive Vice President Agency Partnerships & Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Advertising and Partnerships, NBCUniversal
“The Scene in Color film series is a perfect example of the power of content and partnerships coming together to celebrate and elevate creative storytelling. This program has allowed for our Creative Partnerships team, together with Target, to work hand in hand with fellow artists, and shine a light on important and compelling stories. I look forward to our viewers getting to know each of this year’s filmmakers, and re-acquainting themselves with the talent from last year’s inaugural launch.”
-Josh Feldman, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Advertising and Partnerships, NBCUniversal
- Check out this year’s filmmakers full stories in June and catch up with last year’s creators – Addison Wright, Ewurakua Dawson-Amoah, and Kristian King – on Peacock and Rotten Tomatoes.