The NBC broadcast network and Peacock are NBCU’s primary platforms for coverage of the Olympic Games Paris 2024. Additional coverage will be available on Telemundo and NBCU cable stations (i.e., USA Network, E!, CNBS, Golf Channel, and Universo). Paris 2024 will have more programming hours on the NBC broadcast network than any previous Olympics.
All clients must be registered with Ad-ID and assign a valid Ad-ID code to each creative prior to submission of advertising creatives. NBCUniversal provides support in the onboarding process.
This page provides the digital specifications for Olympics Paris 2024.
*Guidelines as of September 2023 – subject to change
Reach out directly to our ad Ops team: email@example.com
NBCOlympics.com, NBC Sports App, Peacock
Direct Campaign Options:
- Site Served (with optional 1×1 trackers):
- Third Party: VAST 2.0 with Ad-ID (Innovid, CM360, Extreme Reach only)
- Please be advised all sponsorship and time-based video executions will require site served assets with 1x1s
- NBCUniversal will accept four DSPs: The Trade Desk, DV360, Roku OneView, and Yahoo.
- Programmatic Guaranteed does not run on STB
- Any distribution point inaccessible via Programmatic Guaranteed must be secured via separate insertion order
- VAST Acceptance: The Trade Desk, Roku OneView, and Yahoo are allowed to host creative as well as leverage other approved Olympics vendors which are Innovid, CM360, or Extreme Reach for the Games.
- If your VAST vendor is not currently Innovid, CM360, and/or Extreme Reach and you wish to run VAST not via the DSP creative hosting, NBCUniversal will connect you with a VAST vendor representative to set up your account, negotiate rates, and take you through the onboarding process.
- Any creative tags that dynamically alter the creative upon response to the SSP, based off identifiers (i.e. IP Address), are prohibited as to not affect the livestreaming environment.
- Programmatically-enabled Olympic inventory is solely available and accessible via Freewheel’s SSP.
- Programmatic Guaranteed requires individual deal IDs for each duration length
Video Ads – Required Specs
- June 1, 2024
- Final creative (including Ad-ID)
- Standards approval
- 3rd-party login information
- Pre-roll – 6 seconds, 15 seconds
- Mid-roll – 15 seconds, 30 seconds
- Ad length dependent on content type. Speak to your account representative for more information.
- MOV strongly preferred
- MPEG-2 (.mpg)
- The file should include the ad creative only and must not require any editing or clipping before transcoding (i.e., no bars/tones, slates). Video duration must be the same length as the audio track or else the video cannot be transcoded.
Minimum bit rate (video):
- 29.97fps based on native frame rate
- To ensure creatives are ingested and fulfilled in the most efficient and reliable manner, deliver content in native frame rate and scan mode. NBCUniversal doesn’t accept any pre-processing of creatives (i.e., Apply Telecine, Inverse Telecine, scan mode conversion), as pre-processing degrades the creative renditions, which can negatively impact monetization and viewer experience.
- Preferred Apple ProRes 422 HQ codec (minimum video bitrate 800 Kbps)
- H.264 codec (minimum video bitrate 50 Mbps)
- DV codec | DVC Pro NTSC (DV25) or DVC Pro NTSC (DV50)
- Interlaced video is not accepted.
- Native scan mode, progressive, or interlaced
- For example, capture/edit in 23.98p, deliver in 23.98p, capture 29.97i/edit 29.97i, deliver 2997i
- Time code track & QuickTime wrapper
- All 29.97 content must be drop frame
- 23.98 must be non-drop frame
- 2-channel stereo
- If you are sending a promo without any sound, 2 MOS tracks are required
- Audio must be discrete, single track audio (1 track per channel)
- CH 1 – LT Stereo
- CH 2 – RT Stereo
- -24 LKFS (full program mix, not just dialogue) using the ITU-R BS. 1770-3 measurement method